CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory (CSIR-NML), Jamshedpur has released a new recruitment notification for the engagement of Project Staff in 2026. The recruitment is being conducted under Advertisement No. T/PS/04/2026 dated 22 September 2026.
Eligible candidates with ITI, Diploma, B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc., M.Tech. and Ph.D. qualifications can attend the walk-in interview/test for various project positions.
The recruitment includes posts such as Project Assistant-I, Project Assistant-II, Project Associate-I, Project Associate-II, Project-JRF, Scientific Administrative Assistant and Project Scientist-I.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 – Overview
| Particulars | Details |
|---|---|
| Organization | CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory |
| Organization Under | Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) |
| Advertisement No. | T/PS/04/2026 |
| Notification Date | 22 September 2026 |
| Recruitment | Project Staff |
| Job Location | Jamshedpur, Jharkhand |
| Selection Mode | Walk-in Interview/Test |
| Walk-in Dates | 06, 07, 08 & 09 October 2026 |
| Reporting Time | 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM |
| Application Mode | Walk-in |
| Official Website | nml.res.in |
CSIR-NML Vacancy 2026
The vacancies are available under different projects and groups.
Posts include:
Project Assistant-I (PA-I)
Project Assistant-II (PA-II)
Project Associate-I (PAT-I)
Project Associate-II (PAT-II)
Project-JRF
Scientific Administrative Assistant (SAA)
Project Scientist-I (PS-I)
The notification includes project-wise vacancies in areas related to metallurgy, mechanical engineering, chemistry, materials science, minerals, electronics, electrical engineering and other technical fields.
ITI Govt Jobs ITI Apprentice Vacancies
ITI Jobs in CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026
ITI-qualified candidates can also find opportunities in this recruitment.
The notification specifically mentions ITI qualification for the following trades:
ITI Fitter
One Project Assistant-I vacancy requires:
Qualification: 10th + ITI in Fitter Trade.
ITI Turner
One Project Assistant-I vacancy requires:
Qualification: 10th + ITI in Turner Trade.
ITI Electrician
Project Assistant-I vacancies are available for candidates having:
Qualification: 10th + ITI in Electrician Trade.
Therefore, candidates who have completed ITI Fitter, ITI Turner or ITI Electrician should check the relevant project and group in the official notification before attending the walk-in interview.
CSIR-NML Walk-in Interview Dates
Candidates must attend the walk-in interview/test according to their respective group.
| Group | Walk-in Date |
|---|---|
| Group A & B | 06 October 2026 |
| Group C & D | 07 October 2026 |
| Group E & F | 08 October 2026 |
| Group G & H | 09 October 2026 |
Reporting Time: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Venue:
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory
Burmamines, Jamshedpur – 831007
Jharkhand
Candidates should carefully check the group and project number applicable to their qualification.
Salary / Monthly Emoluments
The monthly emoluments vary according to the post.
| Post | Emoluments |
|---|---|
| Project Assistant-I | ₹18,000 + HRA |
| Project Assistant-II | ₹20,000 + HRA |
| Scientific Administrative Assistant | ₹24,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I | ₹25,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-I with specified NET/GATE qualification | ₹31,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-II | ₹28,000 + HRA |
| Project Associate-II with specified NET/GATE qualification | ₹35,000 + HRA |
| Project-JRF | ₹37,000 + HRA |
| Project Scientist-I | ₹77,000 + HRA |
The applicable amount depends on the post, project and qualification as specified in the recruitment notification.
Educational Qualification
The required qualification differs according to the project.
For ITI Candidates
10th + ITI Fitter
10th + ITI Turner
10th + ITI Electrician
For Diploma Candidates
Relevant 3-year Diploma qualifications include:
Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Electronics/Electronics & Communication
Computer Science & Engineering
For B.Sc. Candidates
Relevant qualifications include:
B.Sc. Chemistry
B.Sc. Geology
B.Sc. Environmental Science
B.Sc. Information Technology
For B.Tech Candidates
Candidates with B.Tech/B.E. qualifications in relevant disciplines such as:
Metallurgical Engineering
Materials Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
can apply for specific project positions.
Age Limit
The upper age limit varies according to the post.
Project Assistant-I: 35 years
Project Assistant-II: 35 years
Project Associate-I: 35 years
Project Associate-II: 35 years
Project-JRF: 28 years
Scientific Administrative Assistant: 50 years
Project Scientist-I: 50 years
Age relaxation will be applicable as per the relevant CSIR/funding-agency rules.
Selection Process
Selection will be conducted through:
Walk-in Interview/Test
If a large number of candidates attend, CSIR-NML may conduct a written test or another screening process. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed to proceed to the interview, as applicable.
Documents Required
Candidates attending the walk-in interview should bring:
Filled-in Project Staff Application Form
Recent colour passport-size photograph
Original educational certificates
Self-attested photocopies of educational certificates
Experience certificates, if applicable
Caste/community certificate, if applicable
Aadhaar Card
PAN Card, if available
CSIR-UGC NET/GATE certificate, if applicable
Other relevant documents
Candidates should carry the original certificates for verification along with self-attested photocopies.
A separate application form is required for each group.
How to Apply for CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026
There is no online application process for this recruitment.
Eligible candidates should:
Check the official notification for their eligible post.
Identify the applicable Group and Project Number.
Fill out the prescribed application form.
Affix a recent colour passport-size photograph.
Attach self-attested copies of the required documents.
Carry the original certificates.
Reach CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur between 09:00 AM and 11:00 AM on the applicable walk-in date.
Attend the Walk-in Interview/Test.
Important Instructions
The CSIR-NML project staff engagement is purely temporary and is connected to specific time-bound projects.
The engagement does not provide any right to regular appointment, absorption or continuation in CSIR/CSIR-NML after completion of the project.
Candidates who have already worked as Project Staff in CSIR-NML or another CSIR laboratory/institute for six years or more are not eligible.
Candidates in the final semester/year who are awaiting their final results are not eligible to attend the interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in Interview/Test.
The engagement is subject to availability of funds for the concerned project.
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 – Important Dates
Notification Date: 22 September 2026
Walk-in Interview Dates:
06 October 2026
07 October 2026
08 October 2026
09 October 2026
Reporting Time: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Official Website
Candidates should visit the official CSIR-NML website for the complete advertisement, application form and any updates or changes regarding the recruitment.
Official Website: https://nml.res.in
Official Notification Click Here
Conclusion
CSIR-NML Recruitment 2026 is an opportunity for candidates with ITI, Diploma, B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc., M.Tech. and Ph.D. qualifications to work on various research projects at the CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory in Jamshedpur.
For ITI candidates, the notification includes opportunities for Fitter, Turner and Electrician trades. Eligible candidates should check the exact project, qualification and walk-in date before appearing at CSIR-NML.
Candidates are advised to read the complete official notification and carry all required original documents and self-attested copies on the day of the Walk-in Interview/Test.
Comments
Post a Comment